Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FUN, FUN, FUN!

With all of this stuff going on with our house, the most fun weekend of my year has quickly approached! If you haven't heard me say it before, I have the GREATEST friends in the world! We have all been friends since varying stages of grade school and I love them all like family. Some I talk/communicate with nearly everyday and some only a few times a year, but when we all get together…WATCH OUT! 
Missing a few here but this some some of the crew at Kate's wedding

The rest of us in Asheville a few years ago


This weekend our "Mom" of the group, Abbey is getting married in Chicago. Abbey and I moved to Chicago together after college and were roommates for 3 years before I moved in with Stefano. I think of her like I imagine a sister would be if I had one. She is marrying an awesome guy whom we all absolutely love and this weekend is going to be crazy fun! 
Abbey and I on her 30th birthday in Chi

Another awesome part about it is that we are still super great friends with all of the guys we went to high school with, hung out with…and even dated. They have all found some great ladies who we have been lucky enough to add to our group. So every time someone gets married it's one big weekend of laughing over the dumbest, but yet most hilarious jokes ever! We've added a few kids to the mix, we've got a few pregnant in the group currently, but I can assure you of two things:
1)this mama ain't pregnant!
2)this kiddo ain't gonna slow me down this weekend!
Luckily my hubby will step in and my parents are coming down for the wedding as well. If anyone wants to volunteer to take Lucca when he wakes up at 630 am that would be highly appreciated!

Abbey and DJ have so many fun festivities planned I can hardly contain myself!
We have a bridal luncheon at Spiaggia on Friday. Abbey's family owned Pizzeria Uno in Wisconsin growing up and the rehearsal dinner will be there followed by a welcome party…FUN!

OH WAIT HAVE I MENTIONED OUR BESTIE FROM AUSTRALIA IS HERE FOR THE WEDDING?!?!?!?!

Saturday we are all getting our hair and makeup done and pretty much hanging out drinking mimosas like it's our job (don't worry Abs I won't have that many). They are getting married at one of the most beautiful churches in Chicago, Old St. Pat's  and the celebration will continue at The Drake. It will certainly be a weekend to remember as are all of the times we get together. 

With all of this being said I am feeling particularly emotional as of lately when I think of how blessed we all are. For the most part we have all been fortunate enough to have good health along with our spouses and families. I have had 3 Facebook friends as of recent whom are younger than me and recently been battling cancer. It is when things like this happen that you really realize how much these weekends mean that you get to spend celebrating together. So with that, I plan on enjoying myself to the fullest and taking lots of pictures to remember the wonderful weekend that lies ahead celebrating the start of Abbey and DJ's amazing life together.

2 comments: