Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Warriors

I spent the weekend painting with my Dad. My parents were gracious enough to come back for the weekend and help. I think Lucca plays a little factor into the equation too ;) Stefano was on call and our bathroom had to be painted by Tuesday to get ready for the vanity install. Parents to the rescue!
As I had previously posted we chose Benjamin Moore's Calypso Blue. I wanted a bold fun color for the bathroom. For everything else in the room I tried to stay pretty neutral. Since we don't plan on this being a forever home, we have to keep resale in mind. I had seen this picture and loved the look!



 Here are a few pics of our progress this weekend. I love how the color turned out. It looks really rich and totally gives character to the bathroom. 

The only thing left to paint in the bathroom is this built in. I envisioned it with the back being painted in Calypso Blue and the rest in white trim paint. Both my Dad and Stefano told me I was crazy and they wanted no part in doing that…So I then turned to Abby M to ask her opinion, guess what she said the same thing! So after my Dad had relaxed and had a few glasses of his favorite red wine last night, I sprung this on him again. NO LUCK! Jimbo's response to me was "You might as well hire Michelangelo for that one." I was crying I was laughing so hard! We'll see if I can find a taker to paint the built in :)


Is it normal to love your shower niche as much as I do? 



Stefano was at work all night and trying to sleep this morning so Lucca and I ventured out to go shopping. I was looking for towel hooks for the bathroom and drawer pulls for Lucca's built in bench in his bedroom. I decided to for go towel bars. Do people really use towel bars to dry towels? I never have. I always have towels on there for show. It's a waste of space I think and therefor, no towel bars for me….ahhhh crazy! haha. I hit Anthroplogie, and for anyone that knows me even a little knows this is my FAVORITE store. It has got to be the absolutely least kid-friendly store I have ever been in! Imagine a 15 month old running from table to table of waist level stacked bowls, glasses, candles, etc. It was a nightmare. He thought the trays of all different knobs were hilarious. It was a disaster waiting to happen, so I'll have to head back another time. I found these gems and plan to use them for the towel hooks. 

We had a great weekend with my parents. Lucca and my Mom are two peas in a pod. He calls her "Ga" and I think is working his way towards his version of Grandma. We didn't see much of Stefano this weekend which was a bummer. We went to a couple restaurants nearby and had some great dinners, and got a lot of painting done. My Mom brought Lucca's blackout Roman shades and two bags full of pillows that she and I have made. These pillows are going to have to be their own post! I think I worked my Dad too hard though, one night he was asleep on the couch before it was even dark out! In all reality they helped us out a ton, and I am so grateful. I am one lucky lady! Happy St Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment