Monday, March 24, 2014

Little bit of this, little bit of that...

The end of last week was a big one for the bathroom! The vanity, countertops, plumbing and lights were all installed. It's a fully functioning bathroom! It's looking great and I can't wait to share pictures once we get a few more things done in there :) I wanted to share a few of the selections I made with you. 
I had seen ads for wayfair.com and one came up on my Facebook page for 20% off and free shipping…SOLD! I really, really, really dislike to pay for shipping. Call me cheap, but it drives me cuckoo! I saw these made by Vaxcel and liked them. I had seen some similar in more expensive brand names but thought the frost of the light cover would help draw together the countertop on the vanity. 

http://www.wayfair.com/Vaxcel-Carlisle-3-Light-Vanity-Light-VXL2205.html

I had been eyeing up these mirrors at Ikea for some time and wanted to find a good place for them. I wasn't sure if the bathroom was going to work, but once we went with the bold wall color I thought these walnut mirrors from Ikea would help soften the colors in there. I love how big they are and the little ledge at the bottom too. Not to mention they were only $99 each! Ikea is an awesome place to stop and take a break for Lucca on our way to/from Madison when it's just the two of us. He can run around a bunch, we eat some lunch, get some good Ikea finds and take off!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60249960/

I decided to try something different for our bath towels. We currently have some from Pottery Barn which are very nice, but I hate how much room they take up. Abby M had pinned some to my Pinterest board that were on Etsy. They were Turkish bath towels. They hang much better and look really light weight. I'm interested to see how they absorb. Everything I read about them was great! Anthropologie has some as well, but theres were sold out when I went to make the purchase. 

The ones I went with are sent from an Etsy store out of Turkey, I'm sure they cost about $1 to make, but oh well they look beautiful! I decided on soft gray…
https://www.etsy.com/listing/156083915/bathstyle-turkish-bath-towel-peshtemal?ref=related-1

I hope you like some of my choices! I can't wait for our friends and family to come visit and see them in person! We had a weekend full of painting and basketball. I'm currently first in a friends bracket and I watched a total of about 3 basketball games this year, so that's exciting. It's amazing what help the Vegas odds can give you! We picked a color for our kitchen and are trying to get it painted before the countertops go in on WEDNESDAY!!!! Here's a sneak peak, it's screaming Spring to me, which is what I've been dreaming of…

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/lidogreen
























No comments:

Post a Comment