Monday, April 28, 2014

Settling In

Ayyyyyy, I have totally fallen off the blogging bandwagon. I was doing so good…but I'm back! We moved in, correction…my husband moved us in the first weekend in April while Lucca and I were in Madison. Since then we have slowly been unpacking. It proves to be quite difficult with a busy toddler at your feet most of the day. Our basement is still being finished, which is where a majority of our storage and Lucca's playroom will be so we have lots of stuff in the garage and attic still. 
My parents and brother came over Easter and we have a great weekend together. The weather was beautiful and we got lots of stuff done while my mom entertained Lucca, they're two peas in a pod those two. 

While my parents were here I also had some special fabric deliveries courtesy of my Mom. They are BEAUTIES!!! So I have to share :)
My mom made the bench cushion, roman shade and navy links pillow. Isn't she awesome?!?! Fabric is from Tonic Living
The "L" pillow is from Serena and Lily. I ordered the hardware for the drawers off of Etsy. We are hoping to get some shelving in on the right (there's a little nook back in there) for a bunch of books :)

The living room is coming together too! There have been a few updates since this picture…a new light has replaced the ceiling fan! Hello LIGHT! I've changed the pillows around some, etc. The fabric for the drapery is also from Tonic Living (SUCH an awesome site!) 

2 of these gorgeous green chairs arrive to make their home in my living room tomorrow and I cannot wait to see how they look. My favorite color is green, but these are quite outside the box for me as far as furniture purchasing goes. I tend to go with neutrals and stick to things that are more "safe." I thought long and hard about these two and decided to go for it, hopefully I won't regret my decision!



I also found this beauty at Target to go between the two chairs and it was exactly what I was looking for. It's somewhat similar in structure to the coffee table and I LOVE the look of it. Not to mention I got it for $50! 

Thanks for taking some time to look at our progress. Tomorrow I'll share a DIY project I tackled over the weekend. 

1 comment: